Friday 20 April 2012

Gul Panag one step closer to getting a pilot's license


Like Gul Panag, there have been other Bollywood actresses too who have taken a fancy to heavy machines (read bikes). But the actress has gone one step ahead and has just wrapped up the second schedule of her exam to get a pilot’s license. 

Gul says, “I love planes. And it’s been my dream to be able to pilot one on my own. I am so glad I’m finally getting down to getting my licence.” For those who are unaware, Gul always makes an effort to keep abreast of what’s happening in the field of aviation. 
The set of exams that Gul just appeared for were a lot tougher than the first one, but the lady has fared well. She says, “My basics are very strong. These exams test you on topics like aircrafts, flying, principles of aviation.” As of now, the lady has taken a break for her upcoming film, but will soon take out time for the next level of tests.Own a planeGul in the meanwhile maintains that flying is just her hobby. “I always wanted to learn flying, and now I have the time and the money for it. I hope to have my own plane too someday. My dream is to fly around the world, which will be a five month-long trip.” 
The actor’s husband, Rishi Attari is also a pilot. But according to Gul, the two unfortunately can’t enjoy a flight together. “He can’t fly the kind of aircrafts I do. He flies the commercial ones.” 
Talking about flying on celluloid, Gul feels that Top Gun is the best film to be ever made on flying.“It is a classic for plane lovers,” signs off the adventurous actress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment